If we have helped or entertained you with our website; help promote us by posting a link to one of our pages.
Also don't forget to like us on Facebook and Bookmark us too.
Many thanks to all our fans.
How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks in the Oven
Cooking chicken drumsticks in the oven is easy and delicious. Even if you’re a novice at cooking you can cook up some delicious chicken drumsticks. We would recommend putting some BBQ sauce with your chicken drumsticks, they go very well together.
Things you will need
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- BBQ sauce
- Baking tray or a oven pan
- First set your oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 400 degrees Fahrenheit / gas mark 6
- Pour some olive oil into a cup and use a cooking brush or your fingers to cover the chicken drumsticks in oil.
- Once you have oiled your drummers place them on a baking tray or in an oven pan
- Put the chicken drumsticks in the oven
- After 25 minutes check on your chicken drumsticks. When checking the drumsticks look to see if the skin on the chicken is starting to crisp
- After your 25 minute check you will need to check on your chicken every 5-10 minutes to check on its progress
- Once you notice the skin on the outside of the chicken remove it from the oven
- Pour some BBQ sauce into a bowl and use your cooking brush or another utensil to apply a thin layer of BBQ sauce to the chicken
- After applying the sauce place the chicken back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes make sure the BBQ sauce on the outside of the chicken does not start to burn and turn black. You want to crisp off the outside of the chicken and the sauce, but not too much!
The key to cooking good chicken drumsticks in the oven is checking on the regularly after the 25 minute mark. If your chicken is frozen, then you can leave it a bit longer before checking. Every oven is different so it’s a good idea to monitor your chicken drumsticks while they cook to make sure they are just right. Once you have cooked them in your oven once you can remember the exact times to cook them perfect in your oven every time!
It is a good idea to check the middle of the chicken to make sure it is cooked properly. Cooked chicken is generally white and this is what you want the centre of the chicken to look like. It is a good idea to place your chicken on something that it will not stick to when cooking. If the chicken drumsticks stick to the pan during cooking this could pull the skin off when your take them out. A good tip to avoid this is to use a strong spatula to scrape under the chicken when removing it from the pan.